Thursday, May 3, 2012

clothesline flowerbed

I have the mentality that if I am going to have to work that I might as well make it enjoyable. One of the daily household chores for a family of 6 is laundry. Lots of laundry! By choice I do not have a dryer. It is one of those things that I have learned to live without and I don’t even miss it. It saves money on the electric bill and of course I don’t have to buy dryer sheets. Love it!

DSC_2540DSC_2537

My dear husband finally got around to putting up my metal clothesline poles the other day and I was sure appreciative. For the longest time I have just had the clothes tied around a couple of big trees. It worked okay but with the huge trees my clothes stayed in the shade almost all the time and took longer to dry.

DSC_2538DSC_2539

Once the poles were in the ground I decided that a little bit of beauty needed to be added to the area. Once again my dear husband helped dig the spot out and then I got busy planting. When I am in the kitchen doing dishes or working this is the view from my kitchen window. I get to watch the clothes dry in the breeze and watch the butterflies and hummingbirds drop in for a visit.

DSC_2541

For me it is the little things in life like flowers that bring beauty and joy to the everyday task. I love being a stay at home mother who gets to enjoy the love from my children everyday and the beauty that surrounds me.

Have a blessed day!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!