I am joining Shauna at Perfectly Imperfect today for the 25 random things link party. I thought this would be fun to do since I am just getting this blog started. So here goes.
1. I am married to a Southern Baptist Pastor. We had been involved in youth ministry for several years before taking the first pastor position in 2009. We have a wonderful church family and are very blessed to be a part of them.
2. I love color but I have a hard time decorating with it so I have a neutral colors in my home consisting of whites/browns/blacks. I do have a few red accessories thrown in the mix but that is about it.
3. I want long hair. I have made this the year to avoid the salons and harsh chemicals on my hair. I no longer use shampoo and conditioner on my hair. I used baking soda and apple cider vinegar for awhile and loved it but I know use an all natural shampoo soap bar that is made by a lady that lives local. The smell is amazing and I don’t have to use conditioner on my hair.
4. I may live in a small town but my heart belongs on the farm. I hope to be a full fledged farm wife someday with our own milk cow, beef cow, chickens, goats and of course my own horse.
5. One of my goals this year is to learn how to make soap and all of our other personal products like deodorant and toothpaste. I made my first batch of brown sugar vanilla body scrub yesterday and I loved it! That really fueled my drive to make more of own things. There are so many chemicals in the store bought versions and so I prefer to not use them and have them absorbed into my body.
6. I love driving down country roads. When the weather is warm I enjoy allowing my little ones and myself the chance to play in the water. This is something that we do every year and my children love it. I try to instill in them to love the little things in life.
7. I consider myself a very simple person. I enjoy the little things in life and it doesn’t take much to make me happy. I don’t have to have the latest styles, the hippest haircut or have my nails done to make me feel good about myself.
8. I find pleasure in not owning a lot of things to clutter my home. I love to decorate but keep things at a minimum.
9. I love to go to garage sales and auctions.
10. I never would have dreamed 10 years ago that I would be where I am today. I didn’t have a clue back then about real food or really how to cook if it didn’t come out of a box. These days I avoid all processed foods if I can and make everything from scratch.
photo taken by my cousin
11. My grandpa grew up Amish and so of course that means I am from the Amish descent. There is a huge family reunion each year in Illinois and I have yet to go to one but hopefully that changes this year. I love that I get to live near a community with Amish and I enjoy visiting their stores and talking with them.
12. Our family doesn’t watch television. We have a very small 19 inch television that the children can watch movies on. We feel that most of the things that are viewed these days are not good for children to watch and corrupt their minds.
13. I planted my first small garden last year and have hopes of doing another one this year.
14. I am in the process of switching all of our cookware over to cast iron. My husband bought me my first skillet yesterday.
15. I plan to take my hunters safety course this year and hopefully go deer hunting for the first time. I can’t wait to outhunt my husband ;)
16. We have four wonderful children but plan to add to our family in the future through adoption.
17. I just read the book Kisses From Katie and it was life changing for me in the way that I view the things that I think I need.
18. We purchased a motorcycle this past year and I love riding with my husband. There is something wonderful about riding together and being out in the open with the wind in my face and the sun beaming down.
19. My favorite part of summer is the 4th of July. My husbands family all gathers at the creek and we spend the day swimming, eating a picnic lunch, talking, fishing, roasting hotdogs and marshmallows all followed up with some beautiful lights in the sky.
20. We don’t travel much but my favorite trip has been to Colorado to celebrate our 10th anniversary several years ago. It is a beautiful state and I love the mountains.
21. I own a piano and would love to take lessons and learn how to play. I can read a few notes and play a few tunes but I would love to sit down and play anything that I wanted.
22. I love photography and photographing wildlife. I have done some photo shoots and would like to take some photography courses to become better at it.
23. I am a very impatient person. When I want something done it is very hard to wait. This can sometimes be a bad thing!
24. I enjoy doing furniture makeovers and turning other peoples junk into another persons treasure.
25. I am very thankful to be where I am in life and I am a very blessed woman. I anxiously await to see what Jesus has in store for us this year as our family is committed to being in the center of His will.
Have a blessed day.